Do we really need to level for an above ground pool?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

If you do not level, the pool could collapse cause property damage and possible personal injury.
A gorilla pad is used for cushion on an already level surface.

I tried to setup a small Intex blowup ring pool a few years ago on ground that was out of level 2-3". Let me tell you, it looked scary the amount that the pool leaned. I could not imagine doing this with a framed pool. It would have been even more drastic if it were larger too. Mine was 10 ft at best.

If you decide leveling the pool is too much work, go buy a pool pass for your family.

We are thinking about getting an Intex Ultra Frame pool. What will happen if we don't level the ground first? Can we get a gorilla pad instead of doing all the work to level it?

Thanks for your help!
The installation sight needs to be level w/in 1" or better as mentioned.

Look at it this way, an 18' x 52" Ultra Frame, filled to 48" as recommended will be about 7600 gallons. ONE (1) gallon of water weighs 8.34 lbs.

8.34 X 7600 = 63,384 lbs. or 31.7 ton.

If the ground is out of level, you pretty much have a half-loaded tractor-trailer on a hill, held back with a vinyl pool liner.

Make it as level as you can.

Dom

I set up a couple of small, blow up kiddie pools for my Kindergarteners on what looked like level grass.

WELLLLLLL let me tell you something--------one of the spots was not so level. When I filled the pool up it leaned towards the low side! I could not let the kids use that pool as I was sure it would tip over with kids in it.

THAT was with a small wading pool. Maybe knee height. I would NOT take the chance with it!

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.