Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pool Build - Katy, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Build - Katy, TX

After months of decisions (March to May) and heavy rains, the day of the dig arrived today. Below is the design as it exists on paper. When it was drawn on the ground we made few modifications. It turns out when design is done on paper (or computer) it is not always looks as good when it is on the ground. Some areas were enlarged, some curves were changed. With all the reading my wife and I did on this site we took the time to ensure the size and layout is as we will like it (I think)!
    38' x 17' IG 108lft 22.5k gal,12" raised 8x10 spa, 3'5"-7'5", Pentair 400k btu heater, Pentair 520sqft filter system, Intelliflo SVRS pump 3hp, Pentair Racer, 1.5 hp pump, SWG and ozone, easy touch remote, Pentair color LEDs 2pool 1spa, 2 bubblers, wet edge-TBD, boulder formations coping and waterfall, acrylic spray decking, My pool build in Katy TX (PHOTOS and VIDEOS)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Build - Katy, TX

I am going to love watching this one! I love the paper picture. Shoot a pic of the ground drawing.

Now make sure that the changes made were written down and are put up in a place where EVERYONE can see them and do the right job!

Good luck!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

The changes are already part of the dig, they were minor. PB went over the layout with me while dig is in process.
    38' x 17' IG 108lft 22.5k gal,12" raised 8x10 spa, 3'5"-7'5", Pentair 400k btu heater, Pentair 520sqft filter system, Intelliflo SVRS pump 3hp, Pentair Racer, 1.5 hp pump, SWG and ozone, easy touch remote, Pentair color LEDs 2pool 1spa, 2 bubblers, wet edge-TBD, boulder formations coping and waterfall, acrylic spray decking, My pool build in Katy TX (PHOTOS and VIDEOS)

4. Back To Top    #4

more digging

5. Back To Top    #5

Nice job! I love your yard! So pretty. It is going to be hard to go to work with that pool/yard calling your name!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Kim, you're probably right. Maybe I should rethink having dropcam in the backyard.

7. Back To Top    #7

You sure do NOT want it because then I cannot sneak into your yard to use your pool! LOL

Kim (no real worries as I live in Florida)

8. Back To Top    #8

This should be quite the oasis when it's done. Thanks for the pics.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Welcome neighbor (almost - we live in Cypress)!

Beautiful plans, and awesome your builder is willing/encouraging to make adaptions on the fly.

I love the trees which look like they will provide some nice shade! From your picture, I can also see you will have some good sun. Best of both worlds.

I'll let the experts and others comment on your specs. But you've been more than approved design wise by me. LOL! Just kidding - I gotta feel important some how!

Keep the pictures rolling! This is going to be fun! Take care. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

10. Back To Top    #10

LOL..Kim. Keeping the dropcam for SURE!!!

VIDEO Timelapse of the dig: The dig 90s - YouTube

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I'll try to keep things rolling with pics as the build progresses. PB says we should have rebar and gunite crews early this week. I hope the weather permits it.

Just to add some detail on style and material. Our PB is helping us create a lagoon style pool. Our current path is to have limestone colored bolder impressions for the waterfall and coping. Most of the material was selected to withstand salt in the pool. Patio cover will also be built extending from the garage wall. We have not determined the exact plaster to use, but we are going with one of the Wet Edge options that provide a nice shade of blue (not dark and not green). Let's see how it works out...

12. Back To Top    #12

That was NEAT! Thanks! This is going to be fun watch. Make sure to take pics of everything even the pipes and such. You never know when it will come in handy later on.

Kim (Hey Suz! How are we going to sneak into his yard now?????? LOL)

13. Back To Top    #13

Since we are only at the dig stage, y'all have lot's of time to plan your sneakin'.

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

Kim: First, you'll stay at my place. Depending on what part of Katy, we're probably 40-50 minutes away. The rest of the plans can be worked out while floating and sipping adult beverages. Let me finish my pool, first! I don't have all the 5 Star resort amenities like an outdoor kitchen, bar, fireplace, fire pit, cabana, pool boy, etc (sounding bleak here...), but my rates are better.

If we get bored here, there are many 5 star pools nearby from TFP! PARTYYYYYY! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

15. Back To Top    #15

You and your happy self in the pool will be all that I need for a good time!

Kim

16. Back To Top    #16

Future location of equipment

Deep end bench

Spot for waterfall

Drains will be here

17. Back To Top    #17

FUN shots! Thanks for sharing!

Are you walls as hard as they look? I am glad I did not have to dig them out!

Kim

18. Back To Top    #18

Looks like it will be gorgeous!
    18' to 29' wide by 37' long, 22K gal, Lagoon Free form, vinyl lined, in ground Pool with SWG, Hayward Cartridge 175 Filter, 3/4 HP Tri-Star, Gas fired 300 BTU heater

19. Back To Top    #19

Very neat and clean dig. I do not see any tracks or dug up yard for the bobcat when digging the hole and removing dirt. It looks like they lowered it in by crane for the dig. My yard by comparison looks like a bombed out village on the french coast during D-Day. My crew had to remove 5 tree stumps but it still is more of a "mess" than your yard.

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by espejo View Post
    Very neat and clean dig. I do not see any tracks or dug up yard for the bobcat when digging the hole and removing dirt. It looks like they lowered it in by crane for the dig. My yard by comparison looks like a bombed out village on the french coast during D-Day. My crew had to remove 5 tree stumps but it still is more of a "mess" than your yard.
    No Bobcat was in and out. The guy driving it was an Ace, dodging both palm trees and small entry to the yard. They also did a good job cleaning up.
    VIDEO Check out Bobcat Timelapse: https://youtu.be/I6AjLV8oSpI

- - - Updated - - -

The walls are pretty solid and there was not much wet ground to my surprise. Hopefully rain will not come before gunite.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast