Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cannot edit my signature

1. Back To Top    #1

Cannot edit my signature

I created a signature a few years ago and today I attempted to make a very minor change without success. No matter what I try to do, even if I attempt to re-save my current signature I get the following error message: Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 5 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines. BTW I get this message no matter what I do, even if I try to pare the signature down to a single word or eliminate it entirely! I am at a loss. Any ideas?
    18.5K Gallon, "L" Shaped, IG White Plaster Built 1967,Re-plastered 2001;Transitioning from Old School equipment: 1 1/2 Copper and plastic plumping, Pentail Intelliflo VS pump (2013), Tagelus TA-60D with Clear Pro (2012), Teledyne "One" EPC 325,000 Btu NG Heater (1992), Aquabot 4wd cleaner.[On Hiatus:1/2 Hp Sta-rite Booster pump (1993) with Jandy Ray-Vac (2001)] In our care since December 2008, using BBB method since June 2009.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cannot edit my signature

Hi Geri,
    it might be due to the software upgrade a bit over a year ago. I will alert an admin about it for you.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

I have had this problem as well. Even though you think you have 5 lines or less, which is the limit for signatures, the forum software wraps the text at a certain width and creates another line during the validation process. Basically your signature is too long and you have reduce the number of lines or the number of words per line. There is also a 800 character limit and I found out the software counts the characters in any URLs that are hidden.

Looking at your signature, there are probably a lot of words you could eliminate without losing much information.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks like it may be fixed now. Will try again to make changes
    18.5K Gallon, "L" Shaped, IG White Plaster Built 1967,Re-plastered 2001;Transitioning from Old School equipment: 1 1/2 Copper and plastic plumping, Pentail Intelliflo VS pump (2013), Tagelus TA-60D with Clear Pro (2012), Teledyne "One" EPC 325,000 Btu NG Heater (1992), Aquabot 4wd cleaner.[On Hiatus:1/2 Hp Sta-rite Booster pump (1993) with Jandy Ray-Vac (2001)] In our care since December 2008, using BBB method since June 2009.