I performed a test using a TF 100 kit.

TC 10
FC 8.5
PH 7.5
TA116
CH 125
CYA 0
CC 1.5

Please assist me in what I need to purchase in order to get the pool accurate. The pool is 24 foot round and carries 13500 gallons.

Thank you

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Your test results indicate you MAY need to SLAM your pool. (nice work on doing your first tests....looks like you did them correctly)

Have you read the SLAM article?

What does your water look like?

Welcome to TFP and congrats on a successful first test!

One thing you will have to get used to with TFP is there is no "clear but a little cloudy". If it is a little cloudy then something is not right, and your CC reading backs that up. So I will back up duraleigh, you want to get your stabilizer up (to help buffer the chlorine and protect it from sunlight) and then perform a SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain to get rid of anything that is lurking beneath. It is a fairly simple process and will clear up the cloudiness. Trust me, I know from experience that "clear" means one thing before TFP and a completely different thing after you join. I like the new definition of "clear"!

PS: it would help us a lot if you can edit your signature to add your pool information. That way we will always see it if you need help in the future and don't have to ask you for it.

Thanks going to add stabilizer and read the slam article , the pool was full of debris and green , spend the last 2 weeks cleaning ,got it to this point then I found this site . The pool store is killing me in cost after a day my chlorine would disappear that's when I knew I had a problem .

Thanks going to add stabilizer and read the slam article , the pool was full of debris and green , spend the last 2 weeks cleaning ,got it to this point then I found this site . The pool store is killing me in cost after a day my chlorine would disappear that's when I knew I had a problem .
well, we would suggest not going to the pool store. Their objective is to sell you as much stuff as they can.

Stabilizer & bleach you get at WalMart
Muratic acid at Lowes or Home Depot.

When you add that stabilizer don't just toss it in the pool measure the amount you need (use pool math link above) and put it in an old sock and hang it in front of one of the returns while it dissolves.

The bloodsuckers won't get any more of your money now that you have your own test kit! That kit will have paid for itself by Fourth of July, I'll bet.

Keep your eyes peeled for deals on "Liquid pool shock" this time of year. It's usually 10 or 12% and it's usually fresh.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.