Hayward H250FD Error Code

tlevy

Jun 3, 2015
Ottawa/Ontario
Hi all. If it is not one thing it is another.

The heater is showing an error code "IO" which reportedly means an "Igniter Open Error". But not one bit of info as to what may have caused or resolution of, the error.

Anyone else come across this before? Heater was working fine yesterday. We do shut our pump down at night - is it possible that could cause this? The error code means that "If the control is not in lockout and senses that the igniter circuit is open when the blower is running the control will turn off the blower and go into lockout. Automatic restart 2 min after error is corrected."

No details on how to correct the error though!

90,000litre, IG vinyl, 1/2 HP Tristar pump, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 ASG

First, have you tried a reset to the breaker? Not the button on the heater. Cutting all power to the unit for at least 30 seconds and then turn it back on.

Then the nest possibility is the ignitor itself is broken. If you have a volt meter you could try to test it. Disconnect the wires to the ignitor and check it with meter. The resistance on the ignitor should be between 10.9-19.7 ohms. The igniter rarely blows on these units but it could have happened.

If that shows the igniter is good, then the next thing I would suspect is the igniter control board. This is probably the cause of your problem as I have seen this many times in the past on these FD units.

Thanks!!! Shut off all the power and gas, opened the front cover to check out the igniter wire. Fiddled a bit, and put it all back together. When I turned breaker back on, gas, etc., and turned heater back on it started fir no properly. Thanks for your help - thank god the first thing worked!! Thanks again TFP - once again you have come to the rescue!

90,000litre, IG vinyl, 1/2 HP Tristar pump, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 ASG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.