Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Caretaker Rebuild Problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Caretaker Rebuild Problem

I've rebuilt the 5-port valves using the Jandy's OEM rebuild kit. Everything seemingly went together smoothly but when I started the system back-up a loud rattling sound occurred. It sounded like one of the ball bearings was spinning around inside the top housing. I've since taken it apart twice in an attempt to locate the problem -- without success. All of the internal parts appear to be in their correct positions. The pistons stay seated when I turn the center plate over. The cam assembly impeller and gears spin freely and all 5 of the ball bearings are seated in their indents. There is no rattle when I manually spin the impeller.

Disassembling and reassembling the unit three times is about as much punishment as I can take; frankly, I'm at my wits end; . I've contacted three local pool service companies and they don't see to want to touch it. HELP !!!

Frustrated in Vero Beach, Fl
    Our pool is approx. 10,000 gal. gunite with spa. It is a chlorine based system with: heat pump, two 1.5 hp circulation pumps, and 5 port in-floor Caretaker system.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Caretaker Rebuild Problem

I don't work on these parts at all but thought maybe I could provide you some guidance. Have you done a YouTube search for videos on repairing these systems? If you have then my apologies.

How to Replace a Caretaker 99 In-floor Cleaning System - YouTube
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Caretaker Rebuild Problem

Thanks, Paul, for trying. I have watched the videos. In fact, they got me through the rebuild. Of course when they show how to do it everything ends-up working perfectly at the end.

Ray
    Our pool is approx. 10,000 gal. gunite with spa. It is a chlorine based system with: heat pump, two 1.5 hp circulation pumps, and 5 port in-floor Caretaker system.