Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool opening questions

1. Back To Top    #1

pool opening questions

When the pool was closed antifreeze was used I have 2 jets and the only way i can drain is via skimmer./filter. So how do i get the antifreeze out so that it doesnt go into the pool?

also i see different info on how high to get FC to. Is it 3ppm or 10 ppm on opening and how many times do i need to reach this level and what time duration

thx
    18x38 IG
    Appox. 85000litres
    Jacuzzi laser sand filter
    1hp pump
    Municipal water

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool opening questions

Quote Originally Posted by wantboost View Post

also i see different info on how high to get FC to. Is it 3ppm or 10 ppm on opening and how many times do i need to reach this level and what time duration

thx
    Can't help you on the antifreeze question as we don't close our pool, sorry! But the answer to your chlorine question is: the correct answer is based on your pool's CYA level and how your water looks, and what your own reliable testing shows for chemistry levels.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

What's recommend fc for pool opening
    18x38 IG
    Appox. 85000litres
    1hp pump
    Municipal water

4. Back To Top    #4

There is no "One size fits All" amount. Every pool has its own needs based on CYA, sun exposure, water quality, water tests....

How do you test your pool water? How does your pool look? How do you chlorinate your pool?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok I ll use the chart that compares cya / fc. But if I need to get into the target range or shock range for opening? And how many times if I need to get I to shock range should I get into that range in a 24 or 48 hours period?
    18x38 IG
    Appox. 85000litres
    1hp pump
    Municipal water

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by wantboost View Post
    Ok I ll use the chart that compares cya / fc. But if I need to get into the target range or shock range for opening? And how many times if I need to get I to shock range should I get into that range in a 24 or 48 hours period?
    SLAM .... Shock Level AND MAINTAIN .... so you want to get above shock level and keep it there until your water clears. You can go a bit above and then refresh before it gets down to shock level.
    21,000 gallon inground
    Haywood Sand Filter
    Vinyl Liner

7. Back To Top    #7

Once it clears then start balancing all other chemicals??
    18x38 IG
    Appox. 85000litres
    1hp pump
    Municipal water

8. Back To Top    #8

When slaming.is there a need to add algeacide
    18x38 IG
    Appox. 85000litres
    1hp pump
    Municipal water

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

There is never any need for algaecide. Liquid chlorine during your SLAM will kill whatever algae you have, and maintain a proper FC level will keep it from returning.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation