Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Combined Chlorine

1. Back To Top    #1

Katy, TX

Combined Chlorine

I just received my Taylor 2006 kit today and I got a reading of 0.5 combined chlorine. Will that go down to zero as long as I keep up with my free chlorine or do I have to do something to get it down to zero? I know it's minimal but just want to know the correct principle. Thanks
    24K gallon, IG, plaster, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Filter, Pentair Heater, Pentair Intelliflo pump, Built in March 2015, Taylor K-2006, Spa included

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Combined Chlorine

I find my CC will read zero for weeks then inexplicably rise to ,.5 for a week or so and then go away again. We treat .5 or less as zero around here.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Waxahachie, Tx.

Thats exactly what i found out this lst year
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Repeating for emphasis..... .5 ppm CC's is the same as 0 CC's for our purposes.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School