Drain connection on Intex above ground pool

May 13, 2008
Does anyone know where to get a connector so I can hook up a hose to one of the drain holes in my Intex above ground pool. It has one on either side about 2 or 3 inches above the ground. It has a cap that threads over it on the outside and a plug the pushes in from the inside. The outside thread is bigger than a garden hose and I have no idea what type of connection it is. I'd like to attache a hose to it so I can drain the last 10-12 inches of water out. I was able to siphon most of it but not that last bit. Anyone got any ideas?

When I drained my old intex...I used a pump and ran it to the street not out into the yard...it is a small pump used for floor drains in basements...I would just submerge it on the bottom of the pool and made sure that it stood straight up...It would take it down to just about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch in the bottom...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.