Polaris 3900

May 20, 2015
New Jersey
I recently bought a new hose and swivels etc for my Polaris due to the hose constantly tangling. I was wondering exactly how to determine the length of the overall hose. I read the instructions and the hose should be within 6 inches of the furthest distance from where the hose originates in the pool. But what about steps? I have a gunite pool and the steps are built in. Should I included them in the measurement? I was thinking no since the cleaner doesn't really climb them. Thanks

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Yep, don't consider the steps in the measurement. Just the furthest point from the wall fitting.

I don't think I've ever seen my 360 get the steps, it will drive until it hits the base of the bottom step and change directions. I have had the hose get wrapped around the handrail, thanks to the reversing valve that is something to look out for if you have a hand rail.

Best to be a bit short so that the hose fully untangles. Not too short but short enough to stretch out the hose. You can brush down the steps and walls to get the dirt closer to the area covered by the cleaner.

make sure you cut the "leader hose" (the one which connect to the cleaner) to the deepest part of your pool, then re-measure to the furthermost point and if it is 12" to long you cut 6" of each other hose, (normally at your first swivel from the wall.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.