Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Tagelus Air Bleeder Leak!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Tagelus Air Bleeder Leak!!

Just attempted to open up the pool today. Going by my usual opening procedure opening the air bleeder valve on my
    tagelus until water comes out. I do that and when I close the bleeder valve...the water never starts shutting off.

Any ideas?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the first time that I encounter this issue.

--Derek
    18'x33'52" Oval
    1hp 2 speed Optiflo Pump
    TA60D #325 ClearPro Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Tagelus Air Bleeder Leak!!

I'd guess and O-ring inside the valve split. A new air bleed should be cheap, even at the pool store. They generally use standard pipe threads so it doesn't have to be an identical match.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Richard,

The air bleeder valve for the tagelus doesn't not have an o ring on it. You are referring about the lower housing it screws into, correct?

--Derek
    18'x33'52" Oval
    1hp 2 speed Optiflo Pump
    TA60D #325 ClearPro Sand Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by dprosper75 View Post
    Richard,

The air bleeder valve for the tagelus doesn't not have an o ring on it. You are referring about the lower housing it screws into, correct?

--Derek
    Mine does. Same difference. It probably needs replacing because something inside has gone bad.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!