Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: R0013 CYA Refill & Salt Lv TestKit

1. Back To Top    #1

R0013 CYA Refill & Salt Lv TestKit

Howdy, guys.

Got a quick a couple of question here. Ran out R0013 CYA solution from TF100 TestKit. I would like to purchase a refill. I would like to know if I could get Taylor R0013-C instead?

Regarding salt level test, what do you guys think to get a testkit, or strips is good enough? I mean, it's for myself, and I dont really need to have very exact reading.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    32 ft x 25 ft x (4.5 ft ~ 8.0 ft) 30k gallon pool || AquaPure Model APUREM SWG || Pentair MiniMaxPlus Electronic Ignition Heater || Pentair FNS Plus 60 D.E Filter || TFTestKits TF-100

PoolMathCalc

2. Back To Top    #2

TF100 CYA R0013 Refill and Salt Level Test suggestion.

Howdy, guys.

Got a quick a couple of question here. Ran out R0013 CYA solution from TF100 TestKit. I would like to purchase a refill. I would like to know if I could get Taylor R0013-C instead?

Regarding salt level test, what do you guys think to get a testkit, or strips is good enough? I mean, it's for myself, and I dont really need to have very exact reading.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

(Sorry, I posted this thread in another section as well.)

Duplicate threads merged together.
    32 ft x 25 ft x (4.5 ft ~ 8.0 ft) 30k gallon pool || AquaPure Model APUREM SWG || Pentair MiniMaxPlus Electronic Ignition Heater || Pentair FNS Plus 60 D.E Filter || TFTestKits TF-100

PoolMathCalc

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: R0013 CYA Refill & Salt Lv TestKit

They're the same stuff. But all the refills are available at TFTestkits.net

The C is just the bottle size.
    A = .75 oz (22 mL B = 2 oz (60 mL, wide-mouth),
    C = 2 oz (60 mL), D = 4 oz, DD = 8 oz, DB = dropper bottle, E = 16 oz, F = 32 oz,
    G = gal,
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: TF100 CYA R0013 Refill and Salt Level Test suggestion.

For reagent refills I'd go right to TFTestkits.net and order there.

I use the Taylor drop test kit (K1776) and get a consistent reading. Recently I tried a strip from a friend's new bottle and the reading was wayyyyyy off. Like half the salt.
    I've heard the salt strips are the most reliable of any of the chemistry strips, but I sure couldn't believe it.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    They're the same stuff. But all the refills are available at TFTestkits.net

The C is just the bottle size.

much appreciate it.

What about salt level test? will you recommend strips or kit, please?

PoolMathCalc

6. Back To Top    #6

Re: TF100 CYA R0013 Refill and Salt Level Test suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    For reagent refills I'd go right to TFTestkits.net and order there.

I use the Taylor drop test kit (K1776) and get a consistent reading. Recently I tried a strip from a friend's new bottle and the reading was wayyyyyy off. Like half the salt.
    I've heard the salt strips are the most reliable of any of the chemistry strips, but I sure couldn't believe it.
    Thank you so much, Skippy.

The reason I asked is because i do have some rewards for Leslie's. Unfortunately, they do not carry any salt level test kit except for strips

PoolMathCalc

7. Back To Top    #7

I have the Taylor K1766 salt test kit. I highly recommend it. Nothing better than having reliable test results and the 1776 provides it
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!