Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: R0013 CYA Refill & Salt Lv TestKit

1. Back To Top    #1

R0013 CYA Refill & Salt Lv TestKit

Howdy, guys.

Got a quick a couple of question here. Ran out R0013 CYA solution from TF100 TestKit. I would like to purchase a refill. I would like to know if I could get Taylor R0013-C instead?

Regarding salt level test, what do you guys think to get a testkit, or strips is good enough? I mean, it's for myself, and I dont really need to have very exact reading.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    32 ft x 25 ft x (4.5 ft ~ 8.0 ft) 30k gallon pool || AquaPure Model APUREM SWG || Pentair MiniMaxPlus Electronic Ignition Heater || Pentair FNS Plus 60 D.E Filter || TFTestKits TF-100

PoolMathCalc

2. Back To Top    #2

TF100 CYA R0013 Refill and Salt Level Test suggestion.

Howdy, guys.

Got a quick a couple of question here. Ran out R0013 CYA solution from TF100 TestKit. I would like to purchase a refill. I would like to know if I could get Taylor R0013-C instead?

Regarding salt level test, what do you guys think to get a testkit, or strips is good enough? I mean, it's for myself, and I dont really need to have very exact reading.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

(Sorry, I posted this thread in another section as well.)

Duplicate threads merged together.
    32 ft x 25 ft x (4.5 ft ~ 8.0 ft) 30k gallon pool || AquaPure Model APUREM SWG || Pentair MiniMaxPlus Electronic Ignition Heater || Pentair FNS Plus 60 D.E Filter || TFTestKits TF-100

PoolMathCalc

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: R0013 CYA Refill & Salt Lv TestKit

They're the same stuff. But all the refills are available at TFTestkits.net

The C is just the bottle size.
    A = .75 oz (22 mL B = 2 oz (60 mL, wide-mouth),
    C = 2 oz (60 mL), D = 4 oz, DD = 8 oz, DB = dropper bottle, E = 16 oz, F = 32 oz,
    G = gal,
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: TF100 CYA R0013 Refill and Salt Level Test suggestion.

For reagent refills I'd go right to TFTestkits.net and order there.

I use the Taylor drop test kit (K1776) and get a consistent reading. Recently I tried a strip from a friend's new bottle and the reading was wayyyyyy off. Like half the salt.
    I've heard the salt strips are the most reliable of any of the chemistry strips, but I sure couldn't believe it.
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    They're the same stuff. But all the refills are available at TFTestkits.net

The C is just the bottle size.

much appreciate it.

What about salt level test? will you recommend strips or kit, please?

PoolMathCalc

6. Back To Top    #6

Re: TF100 CYA R0013 Refill and Salt Level Test suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    For reagent refills I'd go right to TFTestkits.net and order there.

I use the Taylor drop test kit (K1776) and get a consistent reading. Recently I tried a strip from a friend's new bottle and the reading was wayyyyyy off. Like half the salt.
    I've heard the salt strips are the most reliable of any of the chemistry strips, but I sure couldn't believe it.
    Thank you so much, Skippy.

The reason I asked is because i do have some rewards for Leslie's. Unfortunately, they do not carry any salt level test kit except for strips

PoolMathCalc

7. Back To Top    #7

I have the Taylor K1766 salt test kit. I highly recommend it. Nothing better than having reliable test results and the 1776 provides it
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!