Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wanda The Whale (New) - Not staying flat

1. Back To Top    #1

Wanda The Whale (New) - Not staying flat

I have a new pool cleaner. Wanda is not staying flat. I have plenty of pressure. Do you think I may have to much pressure? Have plenty of hose. Any Suggestions? Cleaner is moving but tipping up on edge and not staying in the correct position. Thank you.

Above Ground - 27' Round - Vinyl Liner (3 yr) - New Hayward Sand Filter and Hayward Pump - New Wanda the Whale Hayward Cleaner - Chlorine - Not new to caring for a pool. Had an Inground for 20 years. Moved - 1st Above Ground.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wanda The Whale (New) - Not staying flat

Hi, welcome to TFP! Can you give us some more information about your pool? Please edit your signature to include information about the pool such as pool type (above ground or in ground), surface (vinyl, plaster, or fiberglass), size in gallons, pump brand and horsepower, filter type (sand, DE, or cartridge), filter brand and size, and any water features, cleaning systems, and if there is a spa (attached or detached). Also please include that you are on well water or under water restrictions if those conditions apply to your pool. It will show up at the bottom of everything you post and it is easier for us to help you if we don't have to search the thread for this information.

When we have more information it will be easier to narrow down the problem.

Do you have enough hose for it to reach completely across the pool?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you.

I do have enough hose, maybe one section to many. Thank you so much for your assistance.
    Above Ground - 27' Round - Vinyl Liner (3 yr) - New Hayward Sand Filter and Hayward Pump - New Wanda the Whale Hayward Cleaner - Chlorine - Not new to caring for a pool. Had an Inground for 20 years. Moved - 1st Above Ground.

4. Back To Top    #4

I just wanted to say welcome, and to mention that this is the first Wanda the Whale question of the year!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post
    I just wanted to say welcome, and to mention that this is the first Wanda the Whale question of the year!
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to learning more here and reading posts.

6. Back To Top    #6

She may be tipping over due to the current being too strong.

7. Back To Top    #7

Will let the filter build up some pressure to ease the current and see what happens. Will make sure the return eye is turned more towards the bottom.
    Thank you

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

A few reasons for the Wanda tipping over. One, make sure the leader hose is attached to the unit and not a common connector. Also this cleaner is for an above ground pool. Two, if the unit goes to one end of the pool and there is not enough hose it will tip over. Three, a strong return line hitting the hose can cause it to turn over. Redirect the return down.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing
    poolside@haywardnet.com