what is this????

OK here is my dilemma, we have had some rain and there has been a lot of pollen flying around in the air because i have seen the top of my pool with tons of it but lately i have also noticed this in my pool. At first I thought it was sand from my sandpump blowing into the pool, i've tried sweeping it and it seems to disappear in a puff of dust but eventually once the sand pump runs again I get it again. I have run my fingers through this and it doesnt feel like sand at all, infact it feels like maybe dead algae? or pollen? or ??? I have backwashed a few times with noticing the water being dirty. Pool is vacuumed, backwashed, the water is crystal clear too.

I also tested my water

FC->9.5( i know a bit high)
PH->7.8
TA->180
CYA->30

If this was dead algae wouldnt my high chlorine kill it because it's high? IF it's dead algae....pollen maybe?

this is what it looks like in my pool

I vacuumed and took a pic to show u what was in my vacuum bag

Think of it as dead algae "carcasses".

Now, they need to be vacuumed and filtered out of your pool. Don't let 'em lay there.

I would keep your FC at that elevated level for maybe another couple of days while your vacuuming and filtering and brushing gets them all gone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.