Teen left in charge of pool! Help!

May 1, 2012
NC USA
My pool numbers aren't balancing like they normally do.

I have these numbers from yesterday-
Cl- .5
pH- 6.8
FC- 1
CC- 1
TC- 2
TA- 70
CH- 80
CYA- 20
I added 5 lbs of Food Grade Citric Acid to rid of the staining yesterday and the walls are white again. But I haven't added the sequester yet. I was planning to add it today however my numbers are really off.

These are the numbers from today-
Cl- 0
pH- barely 6.8
FC,CC and TC- 0
TA- 80
CYA- 20
The Cl was zero this morning, but then I added 2 jugs of bleach. A couple hours later I tested again and it now reads 1 (for the Cl).

Thoughts? Advice? Thanks y'all

Advice? Don't trust a teenager with your baby!

Seriously though, you have a SWG in your profile? Your CYA should be much higher. 70-80.

Nothing the teenager did caused this to lower.

Raise your pH up before adding CYA as this will cause your pH to drop pretty bad. Get it up to at least 7.5 first.

Oh no, I'm sorry to confuse the posting. I am the teen currently in charge of the pool and usually it is fine(easy) but this time I'm not sure what to do since the numbers are off from the normal range that my parents keep it at. It was deliberately low since we were clearing some staining from the fiberglass walls. Yes, we do have a SWG. I'll look up what to add to raise the ph before I add stabilizer and see how that goes. :)
Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.