Newbie- Need advice

Ok, late last night FC was 1. Early this morning it was .5. I thought I noticed a slight change when I added 0003. I've tested twice since then though and I'm only getting a .5 reading. Even with .0003. I added more stabilizer in a sock. So it's still doing its thing. Do I add more chlorine? The SWG runs through the day I have it set at 8 hours. It should be on right now. I don't recall the exact time. So should I add or wait to see if it will generate chlorine and hold it some with the added cya?
My ph is 8.2 again. Do I add more pH minus? Not sure if I posted earlier that I had added some but it went back up.

This was a recent fill right?
List everything you have added to the pool.
It may be obvious that the CYA is zero and you should add some and then assume the level to set the FC correctly.

Filled June 2nd.
I have added
3-40lb bags of salt
6oz pH minus 2 days ago. It was at 8.2 down to 7.8 after adding. Now back up to 8.2.
About 4.5 cups 8.25% bleach (2 just now after my .5 FC reading)
Yesterday 6oz stabilizer by weight.
Today 12 more Oz stabilizer. I still went lower than suggested simply because I don't have a test and can't dump water if I go to high.
That's it...I think. Lol
Test is ordered. Waiting for it to ship.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
d0d08c0456c063632d9cefb271d6da32.jpg

So, PoolMath says the 18oz of stabilizer have added 25ppm of CYA. There you go. Use that and keep your FC above 2ppm at all times.

Raise FC up to 3-4ppm and go swimming ;)

Yeah your numbers should get you close. Your pH is going to keep rising due to the high TA and SWG.

Is the SWG running yet? I forgot about it ... you should really add a lot more CYA.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.