what and how do folks landscape around intex pools?

Pv2

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
south east Arizona
Hello all,

Finally thinking about the OUTSIDE of my little pool. I was looking for some photos showing details of the ground but I am not great at searching this site. I would like to have stepping stones set in gravel or some kind of mulch over weed cloth. how do people handle the point of contact at the very bottom of the pool?

With a regular walled pool you don't have to worry about gravel going under the liner but I am not sure what to do with the rounded and exposed bottom of the intex. do you use some kind of lawn edging or indoor baseboard material? does the top edge rub on the liner? in front of the legs or between legs and liner? staked in? (scares me to have things like that near the liner)

would river or other rounded rocks work instead?

is some other "mulch" material good instead of gravel? I know about the rubber shreddy stuff, don't know if it is available or even useful in Arizona but if so, does it have problems with blowing in the wind or is it actually heavier than it looks?

I know there is a slide show somewhere but I can't seem to find it? maybe my pop-up blocker is messing with it? there is a largish blank space in the upper center of the home page with a tiny dark rectangle on the lower right that I can't seem to get to enlarge. Is that the slide show? are there many intex pools included?

Thanks in advance for any help, advice, links. :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.