New to TFP. Wanted to share my pool and upgrades!!

Apr 11, 2015
Titusville, FL
Hello all at TFP. I was intrigued by this site to help with my pool issues. I recently upgraded my pool to a 1 1/2 Hp pool pump, 19" sand filter, and a in-line chlorinator with a side wall skimmer added. I wanted to share my construction and upgrades for all to see. If there are any questions on how I did this please ask. I also ran power to the pump outside for convenience since the chlorinator and pump need to be plugged in. Thanks TFP for all the help and advice I read through the numerous posts.:cool::whoot::whoot:

Having trouble uploading the video I made of the design. Go to YouTube if interested in seeing it. My page name is J Potsey.
Photos were added so that you can see the results.

Attachments

• 20150605_174042.jpg
    20150605_174042.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 150
Hello metRo;

I am very happy with the setup. i was adding chlorine to the pool avery two to three days because it would turn color. Poor circulation and the filter pump that came with the pool was way too small. The chlorinator is an Intex Saltwater System with E.C.O (Electrocataytic Oxidation). I bought in on Amazon for roughly $99.00. It works great. It has a sensor in it to add salt if needed. It's been installed for three weeks and no salt needed yet. I do shock the pool once a week or two as suggested by some of the forums here. Looks great and the pump keeps heavy water flow out of the jets. Here is a link to the Intex Chlorinator that I purchased. Amazon.com: Intex 120V Krystal Clear Saltwater System CG-28669 with E.C.O. (Electrocatalytic Oxidation) for Above Ground Pools: Patio, Lawn Garden

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Welcome to TFP! I noticed that you mention you shock your pool once a week I your last post. Do you use bag shock or Bleach?

If you follow the TFP methods, there is no need to shock you pool as long as you keep your chemicals balanced. I may have missed it, but what do you have to test with. I recommend getting a recommended test kit.

Also with you SWG beware you may get a low salt alarm. If you do check and clean the electrolyte cell before adding any salt. If the cell is dirty you will get a low salt reading.

Hello metRo;

I am very happy with the setup. i was adding chlorine to the pool avery two to three days because it would turn color. Poor circulation and the filter pump that came with the pool was way too small. The chlorinator is an Intex Saltwater System with E.C.O (Electrocataytic Oxidation). I bought in on Amazon for roughly $99.00. It works great. It has a sensor in it to add salt if needed. It's been installed for three weeks and no salt needed yet. I do shock the pool once a week or two as suggested by some of the forums here. Looks great and the pump keeps heavy water flow out of the jets. Here is a link to the Intex Chlorinator that I purchased. Amazon.com: Intex 120V Krystal Clear Saltwater System CG-28669 with E.C.O. (Electrocatalytic Oxidation) for Above Ground Pools: Patio, Lawn Garden
Can you recall where you saw the bolded recommendation? I don't think you read that on troublefreepool.com. Most of us here take great pride that we've never had to shock our pool. Five years without algae, 365 days a year open for me. Just because I maintain the proper FC level for my CYA. Even when I started and was stuck with 240 CYA and harsh water restrictions. I don't mean to be a nitpicker, but a weekly "shock" is pool store philosophy, not ours. Would you go to a Chevy forum and suggest someone buy a Ford?

As for video embedding, it's square bracket youtube squarebracket the video file number only square bracket slash youtube squarebracket.

Thanks for the tip. I did know that about the cleaning of the chlorinator cell. No low levels yet. I do test it regularly, all seems fine. I use bag shock when I do shock it. Occasionally i see a slight haze of green when I sweep it, not bad though. My ph is good, chlorine levels are good. I am getting used to the alkalinity though, which seems to be slightly off, runs around 40.

- - - Updated - - -

Richard320;
I apologize for the comment about the shock. I look at this site a lot and may of thought it came from here. Thanks for the tip on embedding.

I have a Swimline 19" Sandmaster filter and pump pushing 2400 gph.
E4502_f.jpg

jennyblue60,

It is a little intimidating at first. Just be sure that the pool has been filled for at least a few months to give the pool sides time to stretch out. I used to gasket that came with my skimmer as the template for the cut. After that is was super easy. Just cut slowly with a sharp utility knife and take your time. That cut will make or break you.:)