Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filter size?

1. Back To Top    #1

Millington, Tennessee

Filter size?

I have been trying to get my pool back to crystal clear since the beginning of May. It started out as a green swamp but now it is clear but still a little cloudy. I am thinking that I need to get a bigger filter. My current filter is around 1.7 sq ft. I would think that going with a 3.7 to 4.9 would make a significant difference. What is everybody's thought on this? Thank you in advance.
    30K Gal 36'X54" AGP, Eco kleer 22 Sand Filter 55GPM, Installed June 2010, Waterway 1.0 Hp Pump (Installed April 2013), Taylor-2006 test kit, Previously Perma salt system, BBB Method from now on.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: Filter size?

when it comes to filters, bigger is better. Its hard to have a filter that is too big.

When it comes to filtering ability, a bigger one will not filter any better than a smaller one will. The smaller one will just mean that you have to clean it more often.

Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!