Digital chemical metres

tlevy

Jun 3, 2015
Ottawa/Ontario
Hi all

I cannot order the Taylor kit in Canada...

Just curious whether there is a good alternative for us Canucks up here? Also wondering whether there are some accurate digital kits?

Thanks from someone up north in need of a reliable test kit!!!

18x36 inground vinyl pool with ASG.
sand filter
0.5 hp Tristar
Hayward 250K heater
Direct PV Lorentz Pump, wired to 1,500 W of solar panels.

The Taylor K-2006 is available in Canada. The problem is that one company has an exclusive deal to sell Taylor stuff in Canada and they are priced accordingly.

I would stay away from digital meters, with cleaning and calibration they are not trouble free. Plus, you are never quite sure you are getting a good reading.

The K2006 can be had up there, but it's a ridiculous price.

In general, I would stay away from digital testing. Until you are in the multi-hundred/thousand dollar range for good digital testers, they are unreliable.

So in Canada it is the K-2006 and in U.S. Recommended kit is TF-100 (with XL option)?

18x36 inground vinyl pool with ASG.
sand filter
0.5 hp Tristar
Hayward 250K heater
Direct PV Lorentz Pump, wired to 1,500 W of solar panels.
Yes. Both use Taylor reagents

As to the Taylor K2006, there are different versions with different bottle sizes of reagents. That is why south of the border you may see prices as low as in the high $40's. That one would have tiny bottles of reagents. The K2006C has the largest bottles.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Found a company that sells the K-2006 with the small bottles (??) for 135$ cdn - what is that - 250$ USD?? Haha.

90,000litre, IG vinyl, 1/2 HP Tristar pump, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 ASG
Yup, the company that has the exclusive on Taylor reagents shipped north of the border is very proud of their stuff and price it accordingly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.