I have been using BBB method for years with great success. This year, pool was opened, cleaned and ready to go within a few days and all seemed good with the world. However, I soon noticed that instead of my usual 1 jug a day of bleach I was using two just to keep up. Now I did trim back several trees and remove a larger tree over the fall, and maybe the pool does get some more sun, but double the bleach usage (almost 7ppm/day)?
Thinking I may have an algae bloom lurking and barely being held in abeyance, I shocked the pool until the overnight loss was about 1 ppm and no FC, but still it seems to eat up chlorine.
My numbers when I started: TC: 4; FC:0; PH 7.5; TA: 130; CYA: 50
Shocked to 21+
Once it held overnight after a day or so i let it drop, but it still loses about 7ppm a day - even with partly cloudy day.
Is this my new normal or am I missing something? Is 2 jugs a day really what I am going to have to do - that's a lot of recycling!
Thanks for any input!