Intex rusted horizontal beam

poolsam

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 15, 2014
Bangor, maine
Any suggestions on a quick fix until I can get replacements from intex or make my own from metal conduit (replacement will involve drainage of pool). I was going to tape them with gorilla tape or screw a support metal plate into existing beam and t section.

When pool is full, do these horizontal beams provide much support. It one broke, would pool collapse?

image.jpg
image.jpg

I had one rust through like that once. No, it won't collapse immediately. But you need to support it somehow. I wrapped it with duct tape. You could also wrap a sturdy piece of thin metal or something in there with it to serve as a splint.

But get the replacement ordered. Don't rely on this long term.

Ok, you have another thread where your 8 year old liner is failing. This thread shows that your 8 year old frame if failing.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But it this pool is going to keep failing here, and failing there. Dont buy a new liner and new frame parts... Buy a new pool!

Look at it as a chance to upgrade! I bought my 18x48 ultraframe for under $450. You already have all the extra accessories that make these pools end up costing a lot more than the initial price like upgraded filter and such...

I am inclined to agree with Scuba_Steve, BUT... I love your fix and I am pleased to know these things can last 8 years! LOL

I was thinking probably 3 hoping for 5. Looks like I should be able to pull off the 5 jsut fine. my problem won't be rust, it will be sun rot on the vinyl on the top edge. I need to find a cheap but decent looking fix for that. that also repels bees. now that would be PERFECT!

My space is very limited so I cant get a bigger one, and other than the rusted horizontals it is pretty good. The seam itself wasn't leaking in the end. When I emptied pool to fix beams, I found a leak in the centre of the floor - patched both sides and good as gold... Anyhow, for others, the fencing rails are a good fix while waiting for replacements from Intex. For me, I'll leave it like this.. the green standard fencing rail actually looks pretty good.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.