Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking For Pressure Cleaner - No Booster Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking For Pressure Cleaner - No Booster Pump

I believe I currently have a "pressure cleaner." It's hard to get an exact definition of what that is, but currently there is a hose, extending from the wall of my bool, that appears to be blowing water (not sucking(?)), and I only guess that because there is a bag attached to the cleaner, and I would assume if it was sucking, it wouldn't need a bag...?

Venturi Effect in action?

Anyways, I am guessing I have what is an older Polaris pressure cleaner, two large wheels on one side, one small one on the other. Small bag attached at the top. When I was getting my pump replaced today, the tech commented that my cleaner wasn't really doing much and needed to be serviced.

Well, I thought maybe I should just get a new one?

So I am looking for recommendations for the best possible pressure cleaner for a 12,000 pool that is a bit amorphous in shape.

I do not have a booster pump. Just a 3hp variable speed pump for the entire pool.

Thanks!
    12,000 Gallons - Chlorinated with Bleach
    Pebble & Plaster Construction
    Spa with Fountain & Waterfalls into Pool
    Pentair FNSP 48 DE Filter
    Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Looking For Pressure Cleaner - No Booster Pump

"The Pool Cleaner" is a pressure side cleaner that doesn't need a booster pump. They also have suction cleaners and both have very good ratings for what they do.

Make sure the water is blowing and not sucking as the bag on the cleaner is not what determines if it is a pressure or suction cleaner. Some people add bags to trap the larger debris so it doesn't end up in the pump basket on suction cleaners. From your description it is most likely a pressure cleaner.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Looking For Pressure Cleaner - No Booster Pump

Thanks for the info!
    12,000 Gallons - Chlorinated with Bleach
    Pebble & Plaster Construction
    Spa with Fountain & Waterfalls into Pool
    Pentair FNSP 48 DE Filter
    Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump