Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TA for Vinyl Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

TA for Vinyl Pool

I seem to have my pool pretty well balanced (TF-100 kit)- FC=6, CC<.5, CYA=40, pH=7.5. However, TA is around 150. pH is very stable. I was reading in other posts where people were asking about reducing TA with a vinyl liner, and many of the responses were that TA is not as important with vinyl and not to worry too much. Is 150 pushing it, or what number should I target? The recommended level in the handy reference section is 70-90+, I definitely fall into the + category. I did wipe the tip of the 0009 reagent after each drop.
    20000 gallon vinyl liner in ground pool
    16' X 34' rectangular diving pool
    Hayward Pro Grid DE Filter
    Hayward 1 hp Super Pump
    TF-100 Test Kit Stenner 45MPHP10

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TA for Vinyl Pool

Hi dodge.

it is CH thats not all that much of a factor in a vinyl pool.
    TA is important in any pool.

What TA does, is buffer the pH. There is no real TA value like there is for other stuff, and every pool is different. so there is a wide "recommended level".
    So whenever your pH is stable, then whatever the TA is is the correct TA for you. If you're happy with the pH, then there is no need to do anything to the TA.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! pH has been good for me, so that's what I like to hear...
    20000 gallon vinyl liner in ground pool
    16' X 34' rectangular diving pool
    Hayward Pro Grid DE Filter
    Hayward 1 hp Super Pump
    TF-100 Test Kit Stenner 45MPHP10

4. Back To Top    #4

excellent!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!