puchasr

May 27, 2015
NW Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everybody, I just bought a 27' AGP from The GE, without much research or thinking trough what was needed (electrical, locating utilities, etc) --Pic1--. So basically I got a pool on a pallet. --Pic2-- Install is next week. After locating utilities, I'm in the process of hiring an electrician. Any advice or things to look for when it comes to pool and electrical installation will be appreciated, thanks!

Welcome! :wave:

Two things:

1) Don't skimp on outlets. It's really easy to add more while the electrical panel and trench are open. You can use it for sump pumps, garden implements, lighting, stereos, whatever.

2) Get your own test kit and be in command before the first drop of water hits the liner.

To go along with Richrd's thought on the trench, I almost always add an empty PVC pipe or two to any trench I dig for additions later. Maybe a 1" water pipe and a couple of 1 1/2" electrical pipes (with pull strings).

You never know what you may want later.

Pool was installed yesterday, they (and I didn't realize it till it was too late ) forgot to install the foam cove ( I will returned that to the store for a refund). Pump will be set either today or tomorrow, electrical hopefully tomorrow. Started filling the pool with well water, 2 hoses. One from the softened water the other untreated. Water started to look yellowish ( I'm guessing iron from the hard water?) so now I'm only using the soft water. Once the pool is full, water level to skimmer I will get a water sample and post results here. (About 6 " to go). My daughter is being impatient and wants to get in already, should I? Any advice in setting the ladder, should I use a "base" on the bottom of pool to protect the liner? TIA.20150611_100537.jpg20150611_100613.jpg

I did some water testing to start getting familiar with the tf-100:
FC: 0
PH: 7.2
TA: 3,500-4,000 (35-40 Drops, color just got a bit darker with the last 5 drops)
CH: 400

Didn't test for CYA, Since I haven't added anything to the water yet. Can I start adding some bleach to it even if the pump is not running yet because of the electrical not being installed until Monday.

I did some water testing to start getting familiar with the tf-100:
FC: 0
PH: 7.2
TA: 3,500-4,000 (35-40 Drops, color just got a bit darker with the last 5 drops)
CH: 400

Didn't test for CYA, Since I haven't added anything to the water yet. Can I start adding some bleach to it even if the pump is not running yet because of the electrical not being installed until Monday.
Yes. Enough to get FC to 2 PPM every day since you have no CYA in it. (Hint, just eyeball half a 121 oz jug of 8.25% plain bleach) Then brush all around to get it mixed well. Brush and pole and beer and Motrin.

Unless you'd rather start off the season with a green pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.