Switch To Sand Filter From Standard Intex Pool Cartridge Filter

Jun 5, 2015
houston texas
Hello All
My 1st post!
We will be purchasing a 26x52 intex pool in the next week. It comes with the standard cartridge filter and we realize what we should get is the sand filter. My question is, can we just purchase an intex sand filter and hook it up to the intex 26x52? Or, are there special tubes or attachments that we need to add in order to hook up the sand filter?

Then off subject, is 26x52 considered a good size pool? My 15 yr old daughter will be using it and I'm assuming will have a couple of friends at a time over to swim. Is it too little kiddish or is it big enough?

Thank you!

26'x52" is very nice in size in fact a 24' is the most common size according to several online and local pool stores.
We had to go 21' due to space limitations in our side yard.
We had a18' Intex the last Five years and the kids did just fine.
The Intex sand filter is easy to hookup

I have this exact setup. This is my third season with it. The sand filter works well. Definitely better than the cartridge. I sold that on craigslist and recovered $50 for it (brand new in the box). I added a wide mouth skimmer to it and it keeps the surface clean. This year I added the return eyeball that came with my skimmer that I had laying around and it has made a tremendous difference. The return that comes with the pool has way too many holes around the eyeball so the force of the water is not concentrated. I believe this wasn't moving the water on the bottom enough. Things are really moving now. If you have the room go BIG! Not kiddish at all. Everyone is surprised when they see it. For the price and the short swimming season here in NY, this is a very practical setup. Along with the BBB method it is a win win!

get the sand filter. I have a 16 by 48" deep pool and it is big enough. You 26' is 530 sq feet. That is a big pool.

I wanted to get a gas heater and found some guy on craigslist closing his in ground and I bought his pumps, sand filter and heater. Pool is much cleaner and I only have to back wash a couple times a summer, granted the equipment I bought was for a huge in ground but it works great on my little pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.