Question about CYA in sock method

RobVos

Mar 21, 2015
Chesapeake/VA
I have a question about the powder/granules in the sock method, as that is how I do it. Are you saying that if I add via the sock method and then remove the sock, the cya may continue to rise even though I removed the sock?

Say I put the sock in for 4 days then removed it, I would think all cya would be in solution, or are there small undissolved cya in the pool/filter that will continue to dissolve?

I also use a Dolphin with 2 micron robot very frequently - would this remove any small undissolved cya particles ( small enough to get out of the sock but not past the 2 micron filter. I would also think any small particles that got into the robot would dissolve quickly as the flow thru the robot is high.

Yes, the CYA may continue to break down even after it is out of the sock.

Not sure if the robot would capture the dissolving CYA, but I agree if it did, the water flow should help dissolve it.

To help get your powdered CYA into your pool faster, put it into a large pan of boiling water, and stir, quite a bit of it will dissolve, pour water portion into the skimmer, put un dissolved into women's hose, hang it where the water is moving with pump running and it will dissipate fairly quickly. This works great if you need to add several pounds to bring up your reading

To help get your powdered CYA into your pool faster, put it into a large pan of boiling water, and stir, quite a bit of it will dissolve, pour water portion into the skimmer, put un dissolved into women's hose, hang it where the water is moving with pump running and it will dissipate fairly quickly. This works great if you need to add several pounds to bring up your reading
So now we are playing with boiling water :D
This just sounds like extra unneeded work. You can get it dissolved out of a sock in a few days, not sure there is enough of a hurry to warrant sauteing the CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.