What is this?

Aug 9, 2013
Dallas, TX
We recently purchased a home with a pool from a seller who had already relocated to another state. We don't have much info about the pool, other than what we've been told by a pool man who maintained the pool for a few weeks after the seller had already moved away. We're just having to learn as we go.

The other day I noticed this part in the side wall of the shallow end. It's at about the same height on the wall as the return jets. I'm just wondering what this is, and what it's for.

Thanks!

Could be a return jet that was accidentally left sealed after a winter closing. (although given your location in TX maybe not)

Could have been a dedicated suction or pressure line for a cleaner.

I had one that was left capped like that after a replaster by accident.

I also have one that looks like a return, but turns out it used to be a suction line for a separate waterfall pump that was capped underground. I connected it to my main pump and now use it as a dedication suction cleaner line.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.