Jandy Pool Actuator Problem Zodiac Unable to help

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto Canada
Have a spillover spa pool with jandy aqualink and 2 jandy 2440 actuators one to switch suction from the pool three suctions to spa and the second to divert water from the spa return to the pool returns.
The problem is the second one

When I am in service mode and put the pool into spa both actuators work properly . As well if I flip the toggle switch I can move the valve back and forth
When I am in service mode and put the pool into pool mode the return actuator does nothing and if I flip the toggle switch there is no movement in any direction

If I put the pool into auto mode and run from inside the house the same is true
In spa mode there is actuation of the valve and the toggle works and in pool mode the suction one works and the other is dead

Jandy says the problem is within the second actuator perhaps it needs it cams flipped or a new microswitch
I asked her if this was the case then why does it work in pool mode
to me it sounds like a controller issue

any help would be great
franklin

I can never remember which way the toggles go on them although I know its opposite because they are plumbed opposite. Every year I have managed to figure it out and all is well.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

If the actuator will move with the toggle switch, then it sounds like a controller problem to me also. Although, I do not know enough about that system to help.

Controller issue as evident that they work just fine when using the toggle switch on the actuator. Another test is to flip flop the two positions on the controller and see if the problem now goes to the other actuator.

Controller issue as evident that they work just fine when using the toggle switch on the actuator. Another test is to flip flop the two positions on the controller and see if the problem now goes to the other actuator.

great idea

I did switch the positions on the controller and the problem did NOT go away. This led me to believe that there was something wrong with the actuator or the wire to the actuator.

I took apart the actuator and checked the microswitchs and the left one works when the toggle is down and right when the toggle is up
I took off the cams in case they were jammed and forcing the switch off
No luck

so I dont know - I guess the actuator but will try writing to jandy and asking

Thanks for your help

Franklin

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.