Hi, I'm a new pool owner in NE Ohio. Pool is up and filling, have a temporary extension cord running to the pump and am waiting for the County to approve the electrical permit.
The pool store we bought the pool from included a Frog Leap Infuser which from everything I've read about is garbage and I'm not going to use except maybe the trichlor for vacations. Not even installing the mineral pack. They gave me a bunch of other things in a pool opening kit. A couple of bottles of zinc based algaecide which I assume I shouldn't use. Some MPS shock, a metal "remover" (I'm assuming this is a metal sequestor which I probably wouldn't need), and a couple bags of Calcium Hypochlorite shock.
I have a TF-100 test kit coming in the mail on Tuesday I plan on starting the motor later today once the water is at the right level. Should I do anything as far as chlorine goes until I get my TF-100 on Tuesday?