Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sand Filter - Leaking at return line

1. Back To Top    #1

Mobile, AL

Sand Filter - Leaking at return line

I noticed today that my sand filter was operating at about 10-15 psi below normal (5 psi, normal operation is at 15-20). I checked for clogging, but flow into the pump looked ok. That's when I noticed a drip coming where the return line connects to the filter. See the attachment. Looking at the diagram of my particular model (Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo T-240BP-1), I don't notice any o-rings there. Could it be just as simple as unscrewing and re-tightening? See attachment:

Attached Images Attached Images
    27k IG, vinyl, Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo Sand Filter (T-240BP-1), Pentair Sta-Rite N1-3/4AE 3/4 HP SuperMax, Built in 1997 (new to me in 2013), SWG (Hayward SwimPure Plus)

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Sierra Vista, Az

Re: Sand Filter - Leaking at return line

You could try unscrewing it and re tightening to see if it stops. If it does not you may need a new washer at the connection.
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process