Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleaning Out DE Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Grand Rapids, Michigan

Cleaning Out DE Filter

So the pressure in my filter tank has been rising rapidly after a backwash. My "no flow" light comes on within 12 hours of backflushing and coincides with the pressure increase in my tank. I know about where the light normally comes on and needs to be back flushed but it usually takes a couple weeks to get there and not 12 hours. I'm thinking I need to take the filter apart and clean the "membranes" inside. I believe my manual has instructions on how to do it and how to clean them properly. It references soaking them in an muratic acid solution for a period of time. This is the first time I've taken it apart and done this type of cleaning so I'm a little nervous about it. If anyone has any helpful hints or feels I'm heading down the wrong path please let me know.
    23,200 gallon in ground pool, Vinyl Liner, Salt Water, Variable Speed Pump Intelliflow 3hp/1.32SF/3.96 SFHP, Filter Pentair FNS PLus DE FNSP36, Heater Pentair Mastertemp 250, SWG Jandy APURE35PLG, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Cleaning Out DE Filter

Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!