Bleach Causing Film?

pixiedustbelly

Silver Supporter
May 28, 2015
Troy, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
The pool guy just left after installing our light & he said that we have a film on the top of our water from using store brand bleach instead of actual pool chlorine. He said it's from soap that's in the bleach. I'm assuming that's not true since using bleach is one of the basic things that TFP recommends. Is what he said just baloney or am I using a bad kind of bleach? I am using Walmart's 8.25% 121 oz. basic stuff.

Thank you!

I'm going with Grade-A bologna. :) Sodium hypochlorite is the active ingredient - period. Probably another reason why we try to encourage pool owners to just take care of the pool themselves because sometimes they fall victim to such comments. At least you had to good presence of mind to know better and ask for validation. Good for you! :goodjob:

Thanks to everyone for reassuring me! I'm pretty sure that there is no film. Our water still a little cloudy because we are trying to get the chemicals straight and the pool guy saw my gallons of bleach sitting out (oops!). I think I'll take his advise with a grain of salt. Thanks again!

Never had an issue with film until hubby introduced his oiled body into the pool. lol

Your pool boy is full of it!

Yeah, I am guessing he saw the bleach and then came up with his film story. Now if he hadn't seen the bleach and asked if you were using it, then he might have had some credibility.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.