Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aeration Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Las Vegas NV

Aeration Question

I bought one of those water fountains to help aerate my pool along with water features. When aerating is it better to point it down at the pool or let it go up in the air and fall back to the pool?
    9700 gallon outdoor in-ground 11x26' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed pump; Pentair Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter;
    Pentair MasterTemp 400 natural gas heater; 2-wheel "The Pool Cleaner"

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Aeration Question

You'll lose more to evaporation if it points up. But that also works well as a pool cooler, which might be nice in Vegas. Nobody feels refreshed jumping into bathwater.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

Re: Aeration Question

I recommend up in the air at night only.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!