Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PH Stuck

1. Back To Top    #1

PH Stuck

I have been testing my PH ever couple of days here lately. It keeps giving me a 7.8 result. I then go to the Pool Calculator to determine how much acid I need and then add that amount. I have done this 3 times over the past week and every time I check it, the PH is still at 7.8. Could this be because of my high FC from my recent shock?

Here are today's test results.

FC - 19
    CC - 0
    TC - 19
    PH - 7.8
    TA - 80
    CH - 360
    CYA - 70
    Salt (SWG) - 3500
    Salt (Strips) - 3460
    Borates - 30
    Temp - 69

Thanks!!!
    16,500 Gallon Plaster, Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 1 1/2 HP Up-Rated Pump, Pentair Clean n Clear 150 Cartridge Filter, BioGuard Mineral Springs MS-10 SWG, Hayward Navigator Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PH Stuck

You got it I overlooked the high cl when I said your water is out of balance However, since you had scaling you had to drop the pH some anyway. I wouldn't trust the pH test until the cl is closer to 10.

Sorry about my oversight but even if you get a little more scaling on the tiles while waiting for the cl to drop - you know how easy it is to remedy
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

If your FC is as high as you say and you are reading a pH of 7.8 then your actual pH is MUCH lower than that! I would not add any more acid and would check the pH as soon as the FC is below about 12 ppm!

4. Back To Top    #4

Great.... I did not know that. Thanks guys!!!
    16,500 Gallon Plaster, Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 1 1/2 HP Up-Rated Pump, Pentair Clean n Clear 150 Cartridge Filter, BioGuard Mineral Springs MS-10 SWG, Hayward Navigator Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer