Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorine/CYA chart question

1. Back To Top    #1

Chlorine/CYA chart question

I've been reading other posts in the forum about how much FC is too high to swim in. Am I right in assuming that it's safe to swim as long as my FC is less than shock value?

My CYA is reading between 30-40 but it's a bit closer to 30 so if my FC were 10 (CC 0) and shock level is 12, it's safe to swim then?

One of the threads I was reading was about a SWG pool so I was wondering if the same applies to Non SWG.

Sorry to be a pest, but it seems the more I read, the more questions I have!
    Cornelius Monterey Steel/Resin AG 18' round (approx. 7600+gallons) Hayward veri-flo SWG w/sand filter.Testing w/ TK2006 using Speed stir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Chlorine/CYA chart question

Yes the water is safe to swim in up to shock level.
    16'x32' Inground Vinyl, 21,100 gallons, Hayward 1.5 HP Super Pump, Hayward Pro Series S244T 3.1ft Sand Filter
    TFTestKits, Pool School, ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry, Chlorine/CYA Chart, PoolMath

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the quick reply. Yay! I'm at least understanding most of what I'm reading now. Thanks again!
    Cornelius Monterey Steel/Resin AG 18' round (approx. 7600+gallons) Hayward veri-flo SWG w/sand filter.Testing w/ TK2006 using Speed stir.

4. Back To Top    #4

You're never a pest either! Lots of people available to answer questions. The ones some of us don't answer, we ALL learn from.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!