We want an above ground pool

Jul 31, 2014
stewartstown pa
help me decide! The wifey and I would like to purchase an above ground pool in the future but looking at it all has just become to much. We have a sloped yard which we will likely have to dig 2 foot down to get even ground for the pool. I have been looking at Doughboy pools and just found the Radiant Metric pools. Cheaper is always better but I want something to last for a few years. I called a Radiant dealer in my area and pretty much said we would be looking at 10k for the smallest pool. I have been trying to reach a local Doughboy dealer but they have yet to return a phone call or email.

We are intending on placing a deck around the pool so we could always going with a retaining wall instead of buried.
Would like a 25'+ round
Anyone have experience with a APG saltwater system?
Big sand filter, right? Is there a chart of recommended filters for x gallons?

Welcome! :wave: I can't speak for any particular dealer or brand, but I have no doubt others will give you plenty of advice. I would only say ... read the fine print! Some installers fail to mention that the owner is responsible for some of the base material or other "hidden" costs incurred during the project. At least that was the case here locally when I was considering such a pool. Use TFP to your advantage and search, search, search the forum for AG pool build requirements. There are LOTs of lessons-learned buried in the forum database.

Once you decide and it's off & rolling for build, use that time to order the proper test kit (see TF-100 link below) and brush-up on the other informative links in my sig. You will be steps ahead of the game by the time your pool is full of water. :) Welcome!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.