Helping a co worker..

Jun 8, 2014
Rogers, AR
I have a friend who asked me to help her. She has been pool stored and the last I heard she had green foam shooting out of her jets. She is/was a puck user. She has a plaster pool and I am not familiar with those.

What are the main things I need to know to help her get started? She has a test kit, she said it it the one recommended here so I am thinking she has the small Taylor one. She didn't know the number when I talked to her last night. I will verify with her.

Money is very tight and I need to get her going as cheap as possible. I told her to gather information on her equipment, pool size, ect. And to bring her test kit so I can verify it and show her how to use it. The CYA is going to be the big issue. I assume it is through the roof I don't know if I can convince her to do a partial drain or not.

Also, she said the pool store said she has metals and have been selling her stuff for that. I have no idea how to deal with this. I have never used any of that stuff.

She is coming over on Monday, her mom doesn't allow anyone to come to their home so this is a little difficult.

I need some research on all of this any good links pointing me in the right direction on plaster, metals any other things I need to be aware of?

I also sent her the big links on chemistry, testing etc. so she can get started reading.

Thnx,

Chris

if her CYA is high as suspected, she is going to need to do a drain and refill. this will help with her metals at the same time, unless she is filling from a well that has high metals.

basically cant give you any advice until you run a full test with the taylor kit and post all results, then we can give you next steps. cant give suggestions to assumed problems and make things worse.

not big difference with having a plaster pool, other making sure there is enough CH, that's about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.