Zodiac DuoClear 130 Fault Code 172/185/186

Jun 5, 2015
Ontario
Hello,
My pool is going on it's fourth summer here in southern Ontario.
I have a Zodiac DuoClear 130 system that is giving me fault codes 172/185/186.
In my troubleshooting I have found that these codes mean that I should check the flow/temp/salinity sensor.
The salt reading on the front board is extremely high (25500 PPM) and I must conclude that it is a salinity sensor error.
Does this mean that I must replace the Electrode Cell?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry you have not gotten any quicker responses.

I am not familiar with that SWG setup, but I doubt your pool is approaching ocean levels of salt. Not sure if the sensor is in the cell on that unit or not.

I had that system about 3-4 years ago. Could be you need a new salt cell because that's about how long mine lasted. I would check the salt level with a reliable salt test. I use Aqua chek.

Maybe someone could give you info about that code. Call or email manufacturer.

I have to ask....I have a fiberglass pool and with that system I constantly had stains on pool walls. I switched to Pool Pilot and now it's a lot better. Do you ever have/ get stains?

You may already have dealt with this, but I would call Zodiac Canada (they're in Oakville, Ontario). They just shipped me a new electrode for free (mine was in it's sixth season), and I've had nothing but good customer service interactions with them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.