Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Zodiac DuoClear 130 Fault Code 172/185/186

1. Back To Top    #1

Zodiac DuoClear 130 Fault Code 172/185/186

My pool is going on it's fourth summer here in southern Ontario.
    I have a Zodiac DuoClear 130 system that is giving me fault codes 172/185/186.
    In my troubleshooting I have found that these codes mean that I should check the flow/temp/salinity sensor.
    The salt reading on the front board is extremely high (25500 PPM) and I must conclude that it is a salinity sensor error.
    Does this mean that I must replace the Electrode Cell?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Zodiac DuoClear 130 Fault Code 172/185/186

Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry you have not gotten any quicker responses.

I am not familiar with that SWG setup, but I doubt your pool is approaching ocean levels of salt. Not sure if the sensor is in the cell on that unit or not.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I had that system about 3-4 years ago. Could be you need a new salt cell because that's about how long mine lasted. I would check the salt level with a reliable salt test. I use Aqua chek.

Maybe someone could give you info about that code. Call or email manufacturer.

I have to ask....I have a fiberglass pool and with that system I constantly had stains on pool walls. I switched to Pool Pilot and now it's a lot better. Do you ever have/ get stains?
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Burlington, ON, Canada

You may already have dealt with this, but I would call Zodiac Canada (they're in Oakville, Ontario). They just shipped me a new electrode for free (mine was in it's sixth season), and I've had nothing but good customer service interactions with them.
    16x28 Roman, 55000 litres, salt water, Zodiac Duoclear 130 (mineral cartridge removed!!!), inground, vinyl liner
    Hayward Tri-star 1HP (1.85) pump, Hayward sand filter
    Nine Fafco Sunsaver 4x10 solar panels, Jandy LX 250 natural gas heater
    Jandy Aqualink PDA with Sub Panel Power Centre