New from Canada

Hey all,

I've been reading the forum for awhile and decided to finally join. I bought a house with a pool 2 years ago (moved out of one with a hot tub) and the previous owners hadn't covered the pool for the long Canadian winter so when I tried to get it going the pool store was no help and kept selling me things. I went on line, found you and within a few days my green swamp was a blue paradise. Swimming season is short enough here, so I like to do as little maintenance as possible. After getting it going, I just had to add some chlorine every day or two. Very easy to do.

I'm looking to buy the TF test kit this year (the pool store has been doing my testing, but it's inconsistent, I fear; plus they might notice I haven't bought anything from them in over a year). Unfortunately doesn't ship to Canada and the Taylor Kit is about $200 from the distributor up here. Trying to import the TF kit but wondering if anyone know if it is made in the USA? If it is I can import it here for free, otherwise I'll have to pay double in duty.

I also put up some solar heating panels this spring so those should cut down my heating bill, I think the Jandy Lite 2 that I have is pretty old and inefficient, maybe I'm wrong though. One of the panels had several leaks in it out of the box, so I'm working on getting it replaced but the other five have helped immensely thus far.

I ran into the same problem with the test kits. I ordered one when we were in Florida to avoid the Canadian prices but replacement reagents are a problem too as Taylor won't ship them to Canada either. The Canadian distributor prices are so high that he can't be selling any.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk