New plaster with divots and pock marks?

Aug 29, 2012
Shreveport, LA
Hi Guys,

On our newly plastered pool (less than 2 weeks old), is it normal to see pock marks and divots on the bottom or is the entire surface supposed to be smooth? I'm not sure how picky to be, but it seems these divots are rough and going to be great places for algae to grow on...

It was hard to notice until the water cleared up and we actually turned on the pool light which cast shadows and is showing all the imperfections.

Thanks!

I should add that there are larger sized pieces of hardened plaster stuck to a few spots on the walls (even with twice a day brushing), stains around the light, stains around one of the returns and part of the wall around the light is as rough as sandpaper.

That is not normal. Mine is smooth as a baby's booty. Doesn't hurt feet, etc. not saying there aren't a few imperfections here and there, but you would have to search hard. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.