Borates added now a pop up storm.....

May 3, 2015
Savannah, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Not sure if this is the right place but I'll give it a try.
At 8pm tonight we added 8.7 boxes borax and 2 gal 7 cups MA
Tested at 9 pm
FC 3 (added bleach after test)
CC 0
pH 7.6 (was7.4 before borates process)
TA 90 (was 80 before process)
CH 60
CYA 40

NOW A POP UP STORM!!!its headed straight for us!!!
What will this do to all we did today????
I'm certain pool will need drained do to water increase from rain.
We live just outside Savannah, GA in Rincon (Effingham county) radar looks yucky!

Pop up rain is expected here on the coast but really today of all days!!!!
Feedback appreciated.
-Amber

3 to 4 inches of rain really shouldn't be enough to affect your chemistry significantly. But try that like WE just did in Texas every few days for 6 weeks and it sure will! Bump your FC up a couple points before the deluge.

The thunder is rolling and the Lightning is flashing so it's about to pour.
I'm thankful it's not been extra rainy but that's coming soon when July hits.

I put in extra bleach to account for the rain maybe 7 ppm FC
I'm afraid to check with the Lightning.

Just afraid everything being new and not 24/48 hours after adding everything, I'm gonna wake up to have to repeat the process.

I allow my water level to stay on the low side of normal. Normal I guess would be at least half way up the skimmer opening. I hate needing to add city water and only do so when my level gets down to my "critical" point. I knew I'd be getting over 2" of rain recently so now I'm good for about 2 weeks and the level is on the high side...perfect.

As long as you don't get crazy rain requiring you to dump large amounts of treated pool water, you're unlikely to see any measurable changes to your pool chemistry.

Well rain is barely trickling. Pool only rose about 3/4 inch. That's means I don't have to drain any water.
My water level was right at the middle of skimmer after draining from being over skimmer few days ago from rain.
I'm not testing tonight because lightning is still flashing. But I'll test it tomorrow. Pump is still running so we'll see.
Thx for the feedback.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.