Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I have no clue what I'm doing .

1. Back To Top    #1

I have no clue what I'm doing .

Hi I'm Rebecca,
    I live in CA. My kids been bugging me to get a pool for years so I just got them one Sunday. I put it up and filled it up. Monday I put one chlorine tablet in it and that's it. Because I don't know when I'm doing. I don't know all the pool talk or anything about pool only you swim in them. Can you help me out?? Thank you. Its a summer Escapes 14 ft by 36 in 2,750 gl uploadfromtaptalk1433466901183.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I have no clue what I'm doing .

Welcome to TFP!!!

I think you may want to check out this method: Temporary Pool Guide

Have you discovered Pool School yet? Start with these:
    ABCs of Water Chemistry
    Recommended Pool Chemicals
    How to Chlorinate Your Pool

Ask questions as they come up.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't know what I'm doing.

I just got a pool for my kids. Will I don't know what to do next nor to I know pool talk . I felled it up on Monday and put one chlorine tablet in it that's is. It's a 14feet by 36in 2,705 gallon. Any advice how to keep it up. Thanks.

4. Back To Top    #4

I'll check them out. Thanks.

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome!

That's not a kiddie pool - it has a filter. And I know how hot it gets in Tulare, so I suspect there will be plenty of adults lounging in it as well. You'll need to treat it as a real pool. You can't just tip it out and refill it if it gets yucky, especially not this year. A lot of those articles won't make much sense until you start doing. So please please please invest in a proper test kit. It will repay itself in one trip not made to the pool store. If you follow our methods, the pool will look sparkling and clear all summer long and the daily upkeep won't be any more time consuming or difficult than brushing and flossing your teeth.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

There is no reason that the seasonal/temp pool guide would not work in this case ... still requires maintaining adequate FC.
    Although a real test kit would certainly be a better option.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!