Foundation for Intex ultra question

FunFinder

LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2015
Cajun country, Louisiana
Finally! The earth is moving! My yard has quite a slope and we decided to scrape the dirt down to get a level site for the pool. Can anyone give me some ideas about finishing the edges on the sides where we had to dig down?
2f5a916829d9fe32ce8173833f408f3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I was getting a little :( from the silent treatment. I don't know what landscaping timbers are, but I'm guessing it's wood you would put at the edge of a flower bed? So do I need to build a little retaining wall with it? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but I am really out of my league here. When I took on this pool project, I thought I would just have to learn pool chemistry- now I've added plumbing and landscaping. I've said it before, but seriously, TFP needs to award continuing education credits ;)

Landscaping timbers are basically the same thing as railroad ties, but a little smaller. Yes, I'd overlap them and build a little retaining wall with them. Drill a couple of holes down thru them and drive some rebar thru it down into the ground a couple of feet to keep them from eventually leaning over.

I've got a thread here where I did something similar: Dimension at the ground for Intex 16' Ultra frame pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.