Trouble with TCI Reading

Jun 3, 2015
North Port, FL
Trouble with TCI Reading, can you please help...

I am new to TFP and hope that I can find some answers

I have never had this issue in previous years.... but this year is the TCI reading it appears to
be off the chart ... actually dark in color unsure (it suppose to be a teal blue, lol)

I use a filter in the pool pump and fresh water.
inground pool - 12000 gallons

Any advice or suggestions would be welcomed, please and thank you

Welcome! :wave:

It sounds like you're using test strips.

Those just don't cut it. They give Total Chlorine which doesn't differentiate between Free Chlorine (good) and Combined Chlorine (bad)

If your free chlorine is way high, it can actually bleach out the colors and make it look lower than it is.
If you do the instinctive thing and set the strip on the color guide, the surface tension can wick water from one test to the other and skew the colors
They're also very sensitive to the time factor.
And they're not really all that precise. Look at the CYA. 0 / 30-50 / 100 / 150 / 300. What if you're at 60? :scratch:
Finally, test strips tend to be wildly inconsistent. How do you know if you got a good batch or not? Simple. You don't.

If you want to use our method to get your pool crystal clear and sparkling and troublefree for the rest of the season, you'll need to start with your own proper test kit. With accurate test results, we can walk you through just about anything.

hello toni2177, Welcome ! I too am curious what you mean by TCI. As Jblizzle stated above, if you could post your pool particulars AND what you are using to test that would allow us to help to you get your pool on track. Please check out the links listed by pooldv and that should help unravel the mystery. Also I might add, we are big on having the right test kit as that is the only way these fine people can help you. They can help you control your own pool EASILY if they have the right info. Otherwise it is a shot in the dark and impossible to help you get your pool on the right track. I anxiously await your next post

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.