Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool remodel, chip out, tile, skimmer, coping, pebble sheen

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool remodel, chip out, tile, skimmer, coping, pebble sheen

Hi. I've been using this site for reference for my remodel for awhile now and figured I'd post to show other potential builders/rebuilders what how my remodel is going. I'm posting it to a Facebook photo album here:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=4fdba3d7fa
    It should be updated regularly for the next few weeks.

Pool facts:
    * Built in about 1980.
    * 22,000 gallons
    * Had at least 2 plaster jobs, (thus the chip out)
    * Northern California home
    * Solar pool heating
    * Multispeed Pentair pump

New specs:
    * Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue with abalone added
    * Pool tile: Royal 1" x 2" | National Pool Tile Group
    * Pool tile row on all steps/seats
    * Tumbled Colorado blonde coping
    * New skimmer
    * Split drain
    * Two new multi-color LED lights

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool remodel, chip out, tile, skimmer, coping, pebble sheen

3. Back To Top    #3

Very informative. I have a friend who is getting ready to do the same. I am going to show him your progress. Keep up the pics and Thank You for the post. Welcome to the forum!
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

4. Back To Top    #4

Coping installation today

22,000 gallons, solar pool heating with Pentair Solar Touch, Pentair Intelliflo VF pump, DE Filter, Natural gas heater, Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue with abalone added, Pool tile: Royal 1" x 2" National Pool Tile Group, Tumbled Colorado blonde coping New skimmer, Pentair 5G LED lights

5. Back To Top    #5

Initial tile, (no grout yet)

22,000 gallons, solar pool heating with Pentair Solar Touch, Pentair Intelliflo VF pump, DE Filter, Natural gas heater, Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue with abalone added, Pool tile: Royal 1" x 2" National Pool Tile Group, Tumbled Colorado blonde coping New skimmer, Pentair 5G LED lights

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

The coping looks great, and your glass tile is stunning! This pool is going to be fabulous. You guys must be so excited! Keep those pictures rolling in! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

7. Back To Top    #7

WOW! That is a lot of work! Nice job!

I love the coping and tile!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Tile is finished today with grouting. Pebblesheen tomorrow, (Aqua Blue)

9. Back To Top    #9

I just recently had a plaster and tile job done, and they didn't set the step tiles until the plaster was poured...I'm wondering why they laid your step tiles ahead of the plaster? Water line tiles did come before plaster I might add.
    17.4k gallon IG pool with attached spa (spa itself is 730gal), Super Blue Diamondbrite plaster, Circupool SI-45+ SWG, BH/Hayward Cartridge Filter, 2hp 2speed Hayward Super II pump, , Jandy Valves, Waterway Skimmers, Rheem 400k Heater, Polaris 360 cleaner, built 2000+-, replastered June 2015, TF-100 kit---Here's my pool test reading history

10. Back To Top    #10

11. Back To Top    #11

They did a AWESOME job! Look at those lines and curves! WOW! I hope you gave them thanks for such a good job!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

12. Back To Top    #12

Pebbletec application

13. Back To Top    #13

Looking great.
    They seem to be taking great care on keeping the PT where the PT should be.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking great.
    They seem to be taking great care on keeping the PT where the PT should be.
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

14. Back To Top    #14

Pebble in. Acid wash tomorrow.

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

That Aqua blue is going to be perfect with your glass tile! Beautiful!!! When do you begin filling? Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

16. Back To Top    #16

Tomorrow

17. Back To Top    #17

That water is going to be so pretty! I can't wait!

Kim

18. Back To Top    #18

The fill, all finished, and lit up...

19. Back To Top    #19

Fabulous result. Well done.
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

20. Back To Top    #20

Looks great! That's basically what I'm planning to do to my pool next summer. Mind if I ask about what this ran you cost wise? Feel free to pm if you don't want to post. Thanks
    1) 15000 Gallons Gunite
    2) Sand
    3) In Ground
    4) Pentair Intelliflo VS
    5) SWG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast