How much rust is too much on wall above ground

Jun 4, 2015
Cincinnati Ohio
Uncovered our pool Memorial Day weekend to discover liner came off the bead.( bead had broken ) Removed the liner to replace and found rust on the walls. I'd say that 1/4 of wall surface is involved. Pool is 15 years old. Is it salvageable? Above ground pool - Trevi International

Welcome.

Post pics. Get a wire brush n,spray paint it with rustoleum paint.

Uncovered our pool Memorial Day weekend to discover liner came off the bead.( bead had broken ) Removed the liner to replace and found rust on the walls. I'd say that 1/4 of wall surface is involved. Pool is 15 years old. Is it salvageable? Above ground pool - Trevi International
The pool man came today and simply covered the walls with wall foam before installing the new liner. There were 2 little holes that he taped a piece of metal to cover them up. He then re-leveled the walls and adjusted the top rails. re-smoothed the sand and re-created the cove in the corners. He said I should get another 5 years out of it. I am happy that I have my pool back for awhile anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.