Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fox vs only alpha

1. Back To Top    #1

Fox vs only alpha

More questions..sorry. We are trying to decide between two pool builders. The one we went to yesterday that we like is almost $10,000 less than the other. I believe they do their own material and it mentions hourglass bracing. The more expensive builder priced a fox pool. When he followed up we told him the price difference. Today he emailed me saying he has a company that he has put about 20 pools in that would get our cost competitive with the completion and it would be using the only alpha pool. Can I get some input from someone familiar with these products. The more expensive bid also had a 1 1/2 hp vs 1 hp and 350,000 btu vs 250,00 which seems a better fit with a 1,200 sq ft pool. Confused and overwhelmed!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fox vs only alpha

How is your bidding going? Making any progress?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

We ended up going with the only alpha pool. It all came down to I wanted bubblers and the one builder had no interest at all in doing it.
    20x44x30 L shape Only Alpha with 6' sun deck with 2 bubblers, 350k heater, 1 1/2 HP and SWG. Dolphin Nautilus Plus. Estimated construction start time is beginning of Aug.

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice! We want what we want. I sometimes wish we had a bubbler on the sun shelf.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach