Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mixing Intex and Jacuzzi?

1. Back To Top    #1

Ontario, Canada

Question Mixing Intex and Jacuzzi?

We bought a house with an existing above ground pool but we have no idea how it fits together.
    We have a Jacuzzi pump(just had to buy a new one because the existing one was fried), Jacuzzi sand filter and an Intex Krystal Klear Saltwater ECG.

I can't figure out how the Intex system fits into the equation because none of the fittings are the same size.
    Is it even possible to mix the Intex and Jacuzzi systems? Is it possible that we were given the wrong equipment?
    Thanks in advance!
    21,000 gallon above ground pool

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: Mixing Intex and Jacuzzi?

I'm just jumping in to bump this up a little. In my limited knowledge of AGPs I understand that unusual size connectors is the norm and folks need to be creative in patching systems together if they move outside to the original manufacturers parts offerings.

I would look through the AGP forum as there may be some ideas previously reported by folks no longer posting to the board.

I seem to recall people making connectors out of non plumbing parts like electrical PVC piping.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

I've always been curious about the two also. It would be nice to incorporate some extra heat into the pool without the solar stuff. I'm sure with some right fittings, it's doable.